Shipping an auto is safe, efficient and often less expensive than driving when fuel, time, and wear and tear are all considered. The car can take from 1 ½ week to 3 ½ weeks depending on where it is going.
Vehicle from US to PR
- Copy of the vehicle’s title and a copy of your driver’s license.
- You need to access Hacienda.Gobierno.PR. This application allows you to obtain an estimate of the excise tax paid to Puerto Rico when importing a motor vehicle.
Vehicle from PR to US
- Certificate in original from ACAA - free of fines (Valid for 20 days).
- Notarized Sworn Statement - authorizing Pan American Latino Express, Inc. and Crowley PR Services to conduct all transactions necessary for the proper exportation of your vehicle. Must include all car information.
- Vehicle registration (licencia de vehículo)
- Title (or authorization from the Financial Institution, if financed)
- Copy of Driver’s License (owner), if owner is not present a notarized letter of authorization must also be provided.
- $10.00 voucher from Internal Revenue Department (Comprobante de $10 de Colecturía).
- Certificate from Dept. of Motor Vehicles indicating vehicle is free of fines (valid for 2 days). (Obras Públicas)
- Motor Vehicle Exportation Certificate from Division of Stolen Vehicles. (Policía)
- Receipt from pressure washing vehicle (motor, undercarriage, exterior).